I realized that there are a lot of fun things happening with Caleb and Eva that I haven’t documented here on the blog. Here are some random happenings:
- Caleb and Eva love to play “Hitting Game” (Lego Star Wars) on the computer. Eva has also started to have a healthy appreciation for the Star Wars movies and asks for them almost daily. She likes to talk about Obi Obi (Obi-Wan Kenobi).
- Sometimes I ask Caleb to do random tasks around the house (to increase compliance) like, “bring me 3 red toys”. The other day he didn’t quite bring me what I asked for and he said, “You get what you get and you don’t throw a fit.”.
- Caleb can read. He’s been reading for a few months now. When he was two he could recognize a lot of words by sight (mainly store and traffic signs) but now he can sound out almost anything. He doesn’t have a lot of patience to do it for long periods of time but he is getting much better. Sometimes he will just read the words he knows for sure and then make up words for the rest. He asks me to spell words all the time.
- Eva loves to play with my stamping supplies. She makes my punches jump off the shelves and says, “OH NO! THEY FALLING!”.
- We had a babysitter on Saturday night and he told Carl that Eva was the most grateful kid he ever knew. Apparently she fell asleep while saying her prayers because she was praying for so long. Carl and I just know that she has a hard time remembering how to finish so we have to help her. Cute stuff. I’m sure Harry Potter and Obi Obi are glad that Eva blesses them every night.